[bittorrent] unforking

Justin Cormack justin at street-vision.com
Thu Mar 24 09:57:01 EST 2005

One of the things about bittorrent is that it has clearly been forked
quite a lot (and the process is continuing with moves towards a "BT2"
Merkle based implementation). It would be good to try to converge some
of these towards a common standard/interoperibility/set of extensions.

The list of extensions on the wiki is fairly good, but I think it would
be a good idea to sort out the common ones that are actually in use, see
if they need any changes, document them properly etc.

I am thinking of multitracker, udp tracker, compulsory compact=1, things
like that.

Oh, is anyone on p2p-hackers list if so can they mention this list, I am
waiting for moderator to get signed up.