[bittorrent] just in case somebody feels urge to code (in Java)

larytet.8708132 at bloglines.com larytet.8708132 at bloglines.com
Wed Mar 23 17:09:38 EST 2005

i need good algorithm of choosing peers with required blocks
see inner class
FindPeersWithBlock file Download.java
link in CVS http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/larytet/CVSROOT/rodi/java/src/rodi/

or ask for additional comments

Rodi is not BT, but it creates good environment
to compare different algorithm. In my tests I run up to 10 clients on single
CPU system with 512M RAM.

GUI is in progress (see preview http://larytet.sourceforge.net/tryRodi.shtml)

GUI is completely separated from the core. Management interface in Rodi Core
is being developed in a way that one can create robots cotrolling multiple
remote clients. Connection between Rodi Core and remote management is secured
using signed packets.