[bittorrent] Re: New bittorrent list?

Justin Cormack justin at street-vision.com
Wed Mar 23 13:30:23 EST 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-22 at 20:26 -0500, John Reuning wrote:
> I picked you guys out as some (but not all) of the frequent participants
> on the bittorrent email list.  Bram abruptly killed the list, but having
> a list where BT-based application developers and users can congregate is
> valuable.
>
> I'm offering ibiblio.org as a possible new host.  If you're not familiar
> with ibiblio (where I work) we're a digital library/online archive site
> that dates back to 1992.  We're part of the Univ. of NC in the USA and
> have exclusively a research, education, and not-for-profit focus.  Among
> the larger sites we host are groklaw.net, gutenberg.org, etree.org,
> tldp.org, and confluence.org.  We have mailman for email lists.
>
> Who knows if there's any way to get the full subscriber list from Bram.
> I have saved msgs back to May 2004 and will take submissions if you more
> in mbox format.  That is, of course, if you want to have archives
> available.
>
> Just a friendly offer from a fellow developer. :)

Sorry not to respond sooner, was travelling.

I think ibiblio is a great idea for this.

My only reservation is the name of the group. Bram is clearly getting
very proprietory about the name. p2p-devel or something might better.

I have joined btports for the moment too (as I am porting bt...) but
suspect that this should be kept more focussed on those issues.

Will post some other thoughts once people have had time to subscribe so
messages arent dropped.

Justin