[BitTorrent] Study about bittorrent

gugawag gugawag at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 07:32:57 EST 2005

We are Computer Science students on Master course at Universidade
Federal de Campina Grande. We are performing a study about Bittorrent.
Analyzing some clients, we've got a doubt. The problem
is that: most bittorrent clients allow  users to set the number of
upload connections. Is that the total number of "upload connections",
or the client has as many upload connections as "download connections"
(considering full duplex connections) and this number represents extra
connections? i.e:

total_client_upload_connections = download_connections (considering
full duplex connections ) + upload_connections (set by the user);

Is that true?

We will be glad if you can help us.  Thanks in advance,

    Gustavo and Aliandro