[BitTorrent] Possibility of using Bittorrent in a non-WEB environment?

yi wu yiren259 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 14 13:57:56 EST 2005

Hi:

I am wondering if any BittTorrent expert can help me with the following
quesiton.

I am interested to find out the possibility of using BittTorrent in a
non-WEB environment for distributing a large file in an isolate large
network environment.

For example, I have one thousand Linux system on a network and I want to
distribute a 3GB file to all the systems in a peer-to-peer fashion
automatically without human intervention.

Can someone tell me if BittTorrent can help in this case?  If not, do you
know any peer-to-peer file distribution software I can use for this?

Thanks so much.

Yi