[BitTorrent] XML Torrents?

Harold Feit - Depthstrike.com Administrator dwknight at depthstrike.com
Sat Mar 12 20:14:11 EST 2005

- ----Original Message-----
From: Joseph Ashwood [mailto:ashwood at msn.com]
Sent: Saturday, March 12, 2005 6:55 AM
To: BitTorrent at yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BitTorrent] XML Torrents?

I assumed the inclusion of the recently (briefly) discussed
hash_function
argument, and obviously SHA-512, although I am not sure "-" is valid
in
URIs. Any authorities? Even at that we have the option of (assuming
the
tracker or peer protocol is altered to support this, I would vote
peer) the
URL can be reduce to not include the filename either.
- -----End Original Message-----
RFC 2396 defines the valid characters and encoding for URIs if that's
of any help for you in the construction of an example URI.