[BitTorrent] BT Like Datastore

Joseph Ashwood ashwood at msn.com
Sun Mar 6 20:27:40 EST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Wouter Smeenk" <woutersmeenk at gmail.com>
Subject: [BitTorrent] BT Like Datastore

> Why did I post this here? Well there are many people here interested
> in peer-to-peer networks and I just wanted to hear what other people
> think about it.

This problem has actually been substantially studied by Matt Blaze in his
PhD thesis Caching in Large-Scale Distributed File Systems
(http://www.crypto.com/papers/thesis.ps). Matt has said a number of things
about this in both the p2p aspect and the hierarchical aspect over the
years. His thesis is a good place to start.
                Joe