[BitTorrent] HELP! "bad bencoded data" with new generated torrent

David Smith smith458 at msu.edu
Wed Mar 9 03:22:28 EST 2005

Hey Paulo,

            I ran into the same problem.

            Use a hex editor to open up your generated torrent file.

            Compare your file to a valid generated file.

            Compare and contrast.

            A hint, where your problem MIGHT be: UTF-8 encoding?

http://cplan.cse.msu.edu/weblogs/smithiscrazy/archive/2005/02/07/370.aspx

Cheers,

            Tell me how it goes!

            P.S.   .torrent files are now encoded in UTF-8 ( I'm pretty sure
=D )  Check out BT 4.0.0 at http://www.bittorrent.com
<http://www.bittorrent.com/>

David Smith
Michigan State University