[bittorrent] Open letter to the BBC

Alon Rohter arohter at nolar.com
Mon Jun 20 12:15:13 EDT 2005

Using the Azureus client, I downloaded a popular 350MB torrent and seeded
it to a 1:1 share ratio at 20KB/s upload rate while connected with 200
peers.  The resulting overhead?  According to the statistics view:
5.6% download overhead
5.7% upload overhead

These numbers should be even lower when connected to fewer peers.

aLoN