[bittorrent] question on the blocks downloading in BT

Thad Ward coderjoe at grnet.com
Sat Jun 11 22:56:30 EDT 2005

On Sat, Jun 11, 2005 at 10:36:03PM -0400, Simon Spero wrote:

> A malicious peer behind an asymmetric compressed uplink can gain an
> unfair advantage by replacing real data with chunks of very low entropy
> rubbish (e.g. all zeros, etc).

except that most clients will snub peers that send too many bad blocks
of data to it.

--
Thad Ward

<irq> my cat is perfect
<cdlu> irq: so your cat has a standard in, a standard out, and never
       overflows its buffers?
<irq> cdlu: never.
<irq> cdlu: and he's damned intelligent, too. i often have conversations
      with him about philosophy.
<irq> my cat usually redirects stdout and stderr to
      /dev/litterbox or /dev/outside