[bittorrent] a question on Random First Piece

Simon Spero ses at unc.edu
Thu Jun 9 10:57:15 EDT 2005

The sub-piece/block mechanism is *fatally* flawed;  you should never
take *any* action based on a info in a partial block.
Unfortunately the flow-control algorithm means you have to use
partial blocks for bandwidth calculations, but you shouldn't send out
things to your peers until you've validated it.

Simon