[BitTorrent] ipv6

Justin Cormack justin at street-vision.com
Mon Jan 24 13:53:16 EST 2005

> Justin Cormack wrote:
> > What does the NAT check do? Presumably it shouldnt be done for ipv6
> > as there is no NAT anyway...
>
> It's more of a reachability check than a FW/NAT check.

right, check the port is open then, so that natted connections or ones
where the specified port is not open are ignored.

That shouldnt be a problem with ipv6 so long as an ipv6 capable tracker
has an ipv6 address (doesnt rely on ip field in tracker request, which
would be a bad idea really anyway).

I cant see any real advantage in being able to run a tracker for ipv6
clients if you dont have ipv6 connectivity, as they can always connect
with ipv4 (presumably they will look much like natted hosts then, will
check once I have some machines up with ipv6 but no ipv4 addresses).

Justin