[BitTorrent] Multi-file seed server

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Fri Jan 7 12:05:02 EST 2005

--On Friday, January 07, 2005 11:10 AM -0500 John Reuning
<john at metalab.unc.edu> wrote:

> I think the new bittorrent.com's 3.9 does this.  However, I'm also
> working on a project to facilitate BT for large-scale content
> providers.  We've built a permaseed application that runs daemonized for
> permanent seeding of torrents.  Here's the project site:
>
> http://osprey.ibiblio.org
>
> Our goal is to have an alpha-quality release of the permaseed and web
> application by the end of the month.

I signed onto the two mailing lists but the archives are empty. Is no one
on the development team using them?

Can permaseed be deployed standalone, or does that make sense? I'm
interested in running something on Fedora, so an RPM package would be
desirable. I could take a look at what you have to determine the
feasibility of packaging it.