[BitTorrent] Tracker scrape extension proposal

Nick Johnson arachnid at notdot.net
Wed Jan 12 20:04:52 EST 2005

On 13/01/2005, at 1:07 PM, Harold Feit - Depthstrike.com Administrator
wrote:
> If you're scraping for 100 torrents, you may be better off just
> getting the full scrape anyway. As wrong as the behavior appears for
> multiple info_hash values, the way that it is handled is fairly
> consistent across different archtypes of trackers (although is more
> dependent on the archtypes of programming styles). Additional
> trackers will be supporting this in the near future.

This isn't such a good idea when the tracker has literally thousands of
torrents, though. I'd really like to see an extension that has at least
semi-official support, and for which the fallback behaviour when not
supported is all torrents, rather than a single one. If you request
multiple hashes, it makes no sense for a client not supporting the
feature to return only a single one of them. :/

-Nick Johnson