[BitTorrent] Re: Tracker scrape extension proposal

Harold Feit - Depthstrike.com Administrator dwknight at depthstrike.com
Tue Jan 18 08:10:19 EST 2005

BitTorrent doesn't have a default announce cycle of 5 minutes. It has
a default announce cycle of 30.

Clients SHOULDN'T report keep-alive capability for announces anyway,
since the connections are typically so short and so far spaced. This
would permit a webserver to run BitTorrent trackers without
Keep-alives.