[BitTorrent] Tracker scrape extension proposal

Harold Feit - Depthstrike.com Administrator dwknight at depthstrike.com
Wed Jan 12 20:35:38 EST 2005

Taking a look at the way get values are generated in cases of
multiple paramaters of the same key typically overwrites the value in
default configurations, preventing other values from being available.
Other configurations only read the first value, not allowing access
to those after it.

Clients that don't support asking for multiple scrapes in the same
request will only request 1 at a time, consistent with the way they
have done in the past.

For tracker-side development, I feel your suggestion of returning all
torrents when processing multiple info_hash values isn't supported is
quite damaging to the tracker (pointing back to your "thousands of
torrents" tracker example). If you requested the scrape data for 5
torrents and got 5000, you would be doing more damage to the tracker
than getting 5 separate requests.