[BitTorrent] RFC: Creative Commons license for BitTorrent

antipast0 at yahoo.com antipast0 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 21 21:40:02 EST 2005

Please see:
http://writtorrent.sourceforge.net/2005/01/rfc-bittorrent-creative-commons.html

In short, I am requesting all comments about this method.

The purpose is to allow BitTorrent's meta data to also describe the
Creative Commons license metadata of the content being transferred.

The developer documentation also notes that this should happen along
with Bram's consent so as to remain compatible.

It has been my experience that most clients ignore the beconded
dictionary items that they are not looking for, but please, Bram, if
reading, let me know what you need, or a quick yay/nay just to let me
know that this is okay.

Please reply with any comments or corrections or flames. You can also
reply on the page, or to me directly.

Thank you,

Thomas Winningham