[BitTorrent] An alternative "super-seed" mode

Alex bittorrent at networkessence.net
Sat Jan 29 18:04:49 EST 2005

You might also keep in mind that a peer with the least number of pieces
maybe NAT. Pieces are more beneficial if super-seeded to non-NAT clients
than to NAT clients - giving the piece a higher chance of being distributed.

"The logic here is that the peers receiving more pieces from others, are
the ones sending less data to the swarm."

BitTorrent is tit-for-tat. That logic doesn't coincide. Peers receive
more pieces because they are giving more...the more you give the more
you get.