[BitTorrent] preventing unauthorized bittorrent peers?

Alex bittorrent at networkessence.net
Mon Jan 24 15:49:49 EST 2005

There are ways of doing this but there isn't an implementation (which
I'm aware of). You could modify the client to support ssl ands certs as
you wish, but the peer connectivity would be more involved. You'd be
much better off encapsulating a security mechanism (eg, encrypt the
content) than to depend on bittorrent in this manner. Also, you're
'educated guess' would have to be a bit more involved.

BitTorrent is for distributing large files efficiently.