[BitTorrent] Torrent Exchange Protocol

Mike Ravkine krypt at mountaincable.net
Sun Jan 9 11:09:15 EST 2005

a) These sites were using the BT protocol to spread copyrighted
information. The copyright owners came and shut them down.  What's wrong
here again?

b) Nobody said "this service" was supposed to be free.  BT is a file
distribution mechanism.  It doesn't care if you paid for the file or not.

c) Get a pop-up blocker.

Finally, I'm not sure if you're mature enough to realize this, but the
agencies must be kept happy as well.

There are many arguments one could use against copyright (such as it's
extention to lifetime+infinity), but as it sits it is a law.  I believe
that it's a law that does substantially more damage then it does good,
but that's for the supreme court to eventually decide.

--kRYPT