[BitTorrent] Re: Request for protocol extension: get_info/info

Konstantin 'Kosta' Welke daMaker at fillibach.de
Thu Jan 20 07:18:55 EST 2005

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 17:39:18 +0000 (GMT), Justin Cormack
<justin at street-vision.com> wrote:

> I would be inclined to get rid of the multiple file thing completely, it
> adds complexity without adding much power. You can either download
> multiple
> torrents to get seperate files, or use a filesystem image if you want
> real
> files, or a zip/tar or whatever. These allow you to store real file
> attributes
> and so on.

Oh, it adds so much power. If we could have a real directory tree, as it is
planned in bt2 (IIRC), things were drastically improved. You could just
replace
a whole FTP server with a bittorrent server.

btw: In the mailing list, a wiki page is often mentioned, but i cant find
its
url. can anyone help?

Kosta