[BitTorrent] Multi-file seed server

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Fri Jan 7 06:28:00 EST 2005

Has anyone written a single binary that can handle serving multiple seeds
and perhaps also a tracker? I'd like to launch a single "server" from my
boot scripts that takes a list of torrent/seed pairs and seeds each pair
specified. Torrents could be either URL's or responsefiles, and the seed
would be a local path spec. Ideally one could signal the running server to
have it reload its config in case new pairs were added or old ones removed,
without disrupting existing connections.

Can a seed server serve many files from a single initial listening port? Or
must it have at least one port per file served? (It's not a show-stopper if
that's the case. I'm just curious.)