[BitTorrent] Torrent Exchange Protocol

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Sun Jan 9 13:09:58 EST 2005

--On Sunday, January 09, 2005 11:09 AM -0500 Mike Ravkine
<krypt at mountaincable.net> wrote:

> Finally, I'm not sure if you're mature enough to realize this, but the
> agencies must be kept happy as well.
>
> There are many arguments one could use against copyright (such as it's
> extention to lifetime+infinity), but as it sits it is a law.  I believe
> that it's a law that does substantially more damage then it does good,
> but that's for the supreme court to eventually decide.

As we wander off topic, waiting for the Supremes is a Bad Idea. Write your
congresscritter. The copyright industry is lobbying them today to enact
even more outrageous laws. You have to counter-lobby. If you need help,
find an organization like EFF or DownsizeDC that will do the research and
has web forms to send the email. They have their own mailing lists you can
subscribe to to discuss this stuff and work out tactics.