[BitTorrent] An alternative "super-seed" mode

Jesus Cea jcea at argo.es
Sun Jan 30 10:03:25 EST 2005

Nick Johnson wrote:
> So you're favoring peers that are parsimonious and don't contribute much
> to the swarm? Given this strategy, the best strategy for a peer in a
> super-seeder-heavy torrent would be to upload nothing, and hence get
> priority from all the peers over those that are actually uploading
> something.

Good point, but invalid. I suggest priorizing peers receiving less
pieces from other peers, not the ones sending less to other.

By definition, if a peer is receiving less pieces that other, is
because, it is sending faster to the other.

Think about a seeder and two peers swarm.

I think you missunderstand my proposal :)

--
Jesus Cea Avion                         _/_/      _/_/_/        _/_/_/
jcea at argo.es http://www.argo.es/~jcea/ _/_/    _/_/  _/_/    _/_/  _/_/