[BitTorrent] Idea - How to make the .torrents searchable

Elliott Mitchell ehem at m5p.com
Fri Jan 7 00:44:28 EST 2005

>From: Antonio \"KhaoticMind\" Augusto <khaoticmind at gmail.com>
> So my idea is to develop a new protocol (yeah, another one) that would
> allow the users to find a .torrent file in a distributed way and make
> it independent of the BT protocol itself.

> What do you guys think of it?

I think that paragraph covers it. As your search system would be about
finding files rather than downloading them, this is irrelevant to the
BitTorrent protocol. Therefore this isn't relevant for this mailing list.

Relevant to your message, seeing how search engines, Google for one, are
pretty good now do we truely need another one? Given how popular BT is
without an internal search function and relying on other methods for
search, I think this idea isn't going to go anywhere.