[BitTorrent] Moderation

jamuraa at base0.net jamuraa at base0.net
Wed Feb 9 14:59:04 EST 2005

On Wed, Feb 09, 2005 at 03:30:44PM +0000, Justin Cormack wrote:

> > > Are you sure this is the address you used to subscribe to the group? You
> > > might want to check the settings in Yahoo groups... I haven't had this
> > > problem.
> > >
> > > Marcel
> >
> > Yes, and my messages do get posted now and then.  However, whoever is
> > the moderator (I think it's Bram) is no longer simply upgrading people
> > to unmoderated posters, and I think he very rarely checks the pending
> > posts.
> >
> > My guess is that you subscribed to the group a few months ago at least,
> > and quickly got to be an unmoderated poster.
>
> Thats pretty useless.
>
> There appears to be another moderator (equitar, jamuraa@ somewhere).
>
> You can try to mail them directly from

> and see if you get a response.
>
> I am happy to forward mails to the list, but its a bit roundabout.
>
> Anyone who wants me to have messages forwarded can use
>  justin at street-vision dot com

That would be me.   I tend to approve all messages that have something
to do with the current discussion or the goal of the list.
Apparently I missed a batch of messages (mostly from Bill) recently.

The messages get forwarded to me and I use a script to approve or
reject them.  I find this much MUCH better than the crap web interface
that is provided.  Because of this, I generally don't set people to
unmoderated anymore.  I've set Bill to unmoderated so he should not
have this problem anymore.

--
Michael Janssen --- Jamuraa --- jamuraa at base0.net --- janssen at debian.org