[BitTorrent] UPnP, NATs, and P2P

Justin Cormack justin at street-vision.com
Tue Feb 15 16:24:31 EST 2005

> Even without UPnP, penetrating NAT is still possible.
> Currently MS Torendo IPv6 server protocal can let 2 peers both behind
> NAT to communicate with each other directly without server relay.

Well thats just one method of applying IPv6 by the backdoor. Running it over
UDP has the disadvantage that many routers NAT UDP badly and drop connections
(as it is stateless).

Has anyone got a summary of how Toredo works? How are the ipv6 addresses
assigned? Has anyone got it running, can you connect to ipv6 torrents?