[BitTorrent] Any news on BT2?

Bill Cox bill at viasic.com
Thu Feb 3 02:38:47 EST 2005

Hi.

It's been since June that Bram said anything about BT2.  Is it
progressing?

BT needs an upgrade, and the ideas Bram mentioned for BT2 sound
promising.  It's no good loading down the trackers.  Merkle hash trees
are needed badly, as is tracker load distribution and redundancy.

Are there any code or protocol ideas we can start hacking together and
testing in the open-source community?  We've got no official extension,
but at least two private companies are already using some BT2 ideas in
their proprietary protocols.

Thanks,
Bill