[BitTorrent] Re: Request for protocol extension: get_info/info messages

Elliott Mitchell ehem at m5p.com
Sun Feb 6 03:36:48 EST 2005

>From: Iain Wade <iwade at optusnet.com.au>
>
> I think I misunderstand your proposal. Do you have a reference page?

My main concerns were elsewhere. On further reflection, my proposal
doesn't really help or hurt your's. I conceed and my appologies for
cluttering your thread with non-core issues.

I maintain my stand on one point though.

I believe your lookup of btcache.p2p shouldn't be enabled by default.
This in my mind advertises your use of BT to folks who have no business
knowing. Certainly prominently advertising the existance of such an
option is a good thing though.

Against Bill, rather than you. The hashes *must* be uploaded to the
cache. If otherwise the cache might download a piece, claim to HAVE it
and only afterwords discover it is bad. A client could also request the
download of a piece and then claim the piece was incorrect.