[BitTorrent] Some complement about Tracker-tracker communication

guanying_wang guanying_wang at yahoo.com.cn
Sat Feb 19 06:21:04 EST 2005

The torrent file contains tracker address and file hash, which are the
only useful infomation torrent file contains. Trackers can identify
different torrent file by checking file hash, and Merkle Tree hash is
short enough for quick identification. If we can turn to wide
deployment of Merkle Tree as soon as possible, I think tracker-tracker
communication will be very easy to implement.

Scalability is good, because capacity can effectively be improved by
simply adding additional trackers.

Thank you.

Guanying

PS: I haven't seen my first post till now. God knows when I can, maybe
tomorrow... How do you guys use this list? I think the web interface
is not good enough. RSS, either. Thank you.