Standards (was [BitTorrent] Back to Merkle Hash Trees...)

Olaf van der Spek OvdSpek at LIACS.NL
Mon Feb 7 17:43:12 EST 2005

Brian Dessent wrote:
> Olaf van der Spek wrote:
>

>>>The tracker admins that save heaps and heaps of bandwidth from that
>>>extension disagree with you there.  The fact is it's not a very well
>>>thought out extension that has no means of coping with ipv6, but ipv6
>>
>>Wouldn't adding something like peers6 'fix' this?
>

> Yeah, that'd work.  But the other issues surrounding ipv6 have been
> hashed out over and over on this list in the past so there's more than
> just adapting the binary peers list in the tracker response.  (as I'm
> sure you're aware of...)

I know, I know, but I was wondering about the 'The fact is it's not a
very well hought out extension that has no means of coping with ipv6' if
the compact extension can be modified to deal with IPv6 easily.