[BitTorrent] Some complement about Tracker-tracker communication

Harold Feit - Depthstrike.com Administrator dwknight at depthstrike.com
Mon Feb 21 11:02:46 EST 2005

Half-closed connections don't take up any bandwidth. That's the
problem.

I haven't run a windows tracker in ages, but on linux it seems that
for every established connection there are upwards of 30 half-closed
connections. I'm not sure how windows handles that many, but it
doesn't seem to like them that much (but I may have missed a reg
hack.

There's no RUSH for compact support with IPv6 peers at this time. It
wouldn't hurt to implement a compact for IPv6 at this time, but the
no_peer_id extension should be enough to hold us over until the IPv6
compact extension is ready (because of the low number of users that
actually use IPv6 compared to the current IPv4).