[BitTorrent] Unsolicited recruiting for BT2-like development, wtf?

dpmott at sep.com dpmott at sep.com
Mon Feb 7 09:53:38 EST 2005

I received this email last Wednesday.  Does anyone know who these
people are, or what they're trying to do?

Did anyone else on the list get this?  I'm wondering where they
harvested my email address...

-dpmott

Red Swoosh is HIRING BT P2P Devs and Lead, demi-god engineers, and
ops!!

What we've got:

-          NAT-to-NAT traversal

-          Universal Tracker

-          170K peak persistent connections

-          Peak of 7TB of data delivered in a day

-          Robust Pre-caching system

-          Robust Reporting system

-          Real, LIVE customers paying us, and fueling our growth

-          IPv6 support

-          UPnP support

-          C++/Linux for backend, C++/Windows client-side

What we're building:

-          Complete Merkle Tree implementation

-          Develop API for MAJOR media customer

-          Steam-like SDK to sell to Game Publishers

-          IP TV apps

-          Other top-secret projects that can't be mentioned
here. . .;)

If anybody's interested in working in the SF Bay area or L.A., (remote
contracting possible in some cases) please email me at
travis at redswoosh.net
or call me at number below.

Look forward to hearing from high-powered techies, who eat/sleep
P2P . . .

Thanks,

Travis

Travis Kalanick