[BitTorrent] Some complement about Tracker-tracker communication

Harold Feit - Depthstrike.com Administrator dwknight at depthstrike.com
Sun Feb 20 15:18:14 EST 2005

Tracker-Tracker communication already has some implementation in
real-world environments.

BNBT based trackers running on versions 7.3, 7.7, and 8.0 have the
capability (with the consent of the administrators of both trackers)
to share ALL peer data.

I personally operate a 5-way (not including the dedicated hub) linked
tracker network. There are indeed several steps to take at the start
to insure proper peer data sharing, but most have been documented at
http://cbtt.depthstrike.com/trackerlinks. Additionally, deployment
guidelines have been documented there as well.

I have been working on a php implementation of automated editing of
tracker information within .torrent files and returning them to
clients (in an effort to simplify my own tracker network's use).