Have compression (was Re: Standards (was [BitTorrent] Back to

Bill Cox bill at viasic.com
Wed Feb 9 10:05:02 EST 2005

On Wed, 2005-02-09 at 16:56 +0200, Marcel Popescu wrote:
> > From: Bill Cox [mailto:bill at viasic.com]
>
> > Actually, I am interested in the topic, and I'd like to post, but this
> > group is not very open.  I've posted three or four messages on the
> > topic, but they don't get on the list.  I have to e-mail the authors
> > directly to participate (such as this e-mail).
>
> Are you sure this is the address you used to subscribe to the group? You
> might want to check the settings in Yahoo groups... I haven't had this
> problem.
>
> Marcel

Yes, and my messages do get posted now and then.  However, whoever is
the moderator (I think it's Bram) is no longer simply upgrading people
to unmoderated posters, and I think he very rarely checks the pending
posts.

My guess is that you subscribed to the group a few months ago at least,
and quickly got to be an unmoderated poster.

Bill