[bittorrent] getting seeders and peers from URL with perl

Brian Dessent brian at dessent.net
Mon Aug 22 21:28:34 EDT 2005

Dinesh Prasad wrote:

> Sorry about the indenting, and yes I pasted the code
> from notepad and I guess it didn't show up as
> intended.
> I found dehacked's dumptorrent, unfortunately it
> doesnt list seeders/peers. could you send me a link
> for btdump
> and the curl code you were using? oddly the only place
> I could find btdump was part of freshmeat's url
> string.
>
> Would much appreciate anymore help, thanks!

REPLY TO THE LIST PLEASE, NOT TO ME!

http://www.nelson.monkey.org/~nelson/weblog/tech/bittorrent/btdump.html
http://web.archive.org/web/20041013181148/www.nelson.monkey.org/~nelson/weblog-files/btdump.20030526.py

You don't even need to use curl with btdump.  Curl just fetches a URL,
there's no "code" to it.

$ btdump.py
http://torrent.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/scrape?info_hash=%8f%149ih%0cT%c4%a9%17%8a5%1c%b0%c2%f03z1O
files
  %8F%149ih%0CT%C4%A9%17%8A5%1C%B0%C2%F03z1O
    downloaded          4854
    complete            290
    incomplete          353
    name                KNOPPIX_V4.0DVD-2005-08-16-EN
flags
  min_request_interval 18000

Brian