[bittorrent] Podcasting via bittorrent

Joseph Ashwood ashwood at msn.com
Tue Apr 19 06:13:29 EDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrew Dubber" <dubber at gmail.com>
To: <bittorrent at lists.ibiblio.org>
Cc: "James Debenham" <james.debenham at uce.ac.uk>
Sent: Tuesday, April 19, 2005 2:19 AM
Subject: [bittorrent] Podcasting via bittorrent

> I may be a bit of a tech geek - but running Python or MySQL scripts on
> a dedicated Apache server would represent an enormous learning curve
> for me, and I'd rather somebody said "Wait! There's no need to go to
> all that trouble - here's the simple way to achieve what you want to
> do..."

> That would be your cue.

> Thoughts?

The quickest, easiest and probably cheapest way I can think of to do this is
to signup with Hurricane Electric (http://www.he.net/). Hurricane Electric
offers BitTorrent hosting for their customers
(http://www.he.net/faq/bittorrent.html).

Alternatively, if you have a Static IP address (or at least a dynamic DNS
entry) for whatever reason look into the alternative tracker implementations
(many on SourceForge) these are often standalone solutions requiring no
additional webserver.
            Joe