[bittorrent] [spam] Anyone got any tracker logs I can look at?

Andrew Brampton andrew at bramp.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Apr 12 11:32:37 EDT 2005

While I'm spamming the list today I had the idea to ask for some help.

I'm currently working on a project that is modelling the usage patterns of
users on BitTorrent, and how quickly data is distributed across the world.
The results of my findings will be published later this year.

At the moment I'm trying to collect some logs of peers joining and leaving
the swarm. So far this has been achieved by passively monitoring a network,
but what would be great help would be to get the logs direct from a tracker.

I tried to contact a few major trackers but no one has replied. So I was
wondering if anyone on this list ran a popular tracker, and was willing to
give me their logs? I am mostly interested in Multimedia content, such as TV
Shows, Films, Live Video recordings, etc. So if you do serve that, that be
great.

Of course I won't release the IP addresses of anyone in the logs etc. I know
many tracker operators would be paranoid that I could be the RIAA etc, but
I'm not, I'm a simple PhD Student at university :).

So if anyone can help that be great. Just drop me a email and we can discuss
it further.

Thanks
Andrew