[bittorrent] Regular expressions

larytet.8708132 at bloglines.com larytet.8708132 at bloglines.com
Mon Apr 11 23:10:27 EDT 2005

stupid question, but i fight this thing two days and completely failed so
far (Java API for regular expressions). i need to fetch separate arguments
from the command line, where one of the arguments can be file path in quotes,
for example

cmd arg0 arg1 "\temp\rodi\version 0.3.06\rodi.jar" arg3

how i do the trick with regular expressions ?

thanks

--- larytet.8708132 at bloglines.com
wrote:
i think i will move on with my own DTD. i do not really need verification.

> you download torrent files from trusted servers and the structure of the
file
> is not going to be too complicated. i am trying to put the ideas here

> http://larytet.sourceforge.net/rodiHash.dtd
>

> any thoughts regarding
DTD vs. schema and/or the file linked above ?

P. Mott" <dpmott at sep.com wrote:

> > I'm not aware that there
> was a
DTD for anything bittorrent related,
> > because everyone has avoided

the use of XML in any part of the protocol,
> > metadata or otherwise.
> >

> > (I personally like the idea of XML for metadata, and maybe even
for the

> > wire protocol, but I'd have to see some overhead numbers
for an XML
> > implementation (that supported embedded binary data) to really
understand

> > the overhead).
> >
> > If you're looking to validate
XML, though, I'd highly
> recommend that you
> > go with a schema, as opposed
to a DTD.  The DTD enforces
> structure, but
> > not content.  You could
have an attribute that is TextLength,
> and the
> > value specified in
the XML is "very long", and it would pass DTD

> > validation.  The schema,
on the other hand, specifies both structure and

> > content -- you can
require that a particular attribute or element content

> > be numeric
(with bounds), string (with pattern and min/max length), etc.

> -dpmott
> >
> > > Message: 1
> > > Date: 11 Apr 2005 02:50:29 -0000

> > > From: larytet.8708132 at bloglines.com
> > > Subject: [bittorrent] DTD
for
> hashed files
> > >
> > > I am looking for DTD describing files/folders
+ MD5/SHA-1
> hashes + block hashes
> > >
> > > Is anybody aware of existing
DTDs.