[BitTorrent] Interview

Guillaume Champeau gchampeau at ratiatum.com
Tue Sep 21 14:06:59 EDT 2004

Hello Bram,

I am the editor of the French website Ratiatum.com, and also a partner of p2pnet.net. Ratiatum is the most visited legal P2P related website in the French community.

I would like to ask you some questions to publish as an interview, if you're willing to answer.
Here are the questions:

1. Although everyone seems to agree that BitTorrent is the most efficient P2P protocol ever created, you already have begun to work on its successor, BitTorrent 2. What are the weaknesses of BT that you expect to address with this new protocol?

2. What do you think of alternative BT clients such as Azureus, BitComet, or ABC?

3. Before BitTorrent became what it is, you worked on Mojo Nation, a P2P network with very smart concepts to encourage file sharing. Unfortunately it quickly vanished. Is it something you would like to revive?

4. According to your own words, "Mojo Nation incorporated many interesting cryptographic techniques". Do you plan on adding cryptotography mechanisms to protect privacy with BT 2?

5. You have been hired by Valve Software during a few weeks. What can you tell us about this collaboration?

6. Have other companies approached you to create their own content distribution system?

7. BitTorrent is exclusively used to distribute files, but P2P architectures are now used in many other domains, such as VoIP or network gaming. Do you have any project involving these kinds of data distribution?

8. How do you see the development of P2P in the future, both under technical and policy points of view?

9. Finally, will you demonstrate your juggling skills at CodeCon 4.0? :-)

Cheers,
--
Guillaume Champeau
PressTIC SARL
mail : gchampeau at ratiatum.com

--------
Réponse au message de Bram Cohen envoyé le 16/09/2004 à 21:03:47 :