[BitTorrent] I like to seed files but...

Bytoro at juno.com Bytoro at juno.com
Tue Sep 28 01:43:45 EDT 2004

I just got my cable shutoff because MGM contacted my cable provider
about downloading/uploading the movie "Wicker Park." Although i did
get it turn back on after a call,i am a bit weary of using bit
torrent again.

    The "policy and copyright infringment manager" that i talk to
said that it was okay to download, but uploading was a bad idea and
to turn it off. With other dloading programs this is easy to do, but
with bit torrent i am unable to. With bit torrent it is easy to get a
list of IP addresses, that connect to a certin file. My question is,
Does this sort of thing happen often enough that i should consider
another file sharing program or should i let it go as a fluke and
stay away from movies? Is there anyway i can protect myself a better?

I like bit Torrent alot because it seems to give me a more complete
downloads rather then just 1 file. I would hate to go search for
another file sharing program...