[BitTorrent] More aggressive tit-for-tat

buzmeggroups buzmeg at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 8 03:47:35 EDT 2004

Are there any particular parameters I can invoke to be much more
aggressive about not playing with pure leechers?

I would like to choke off pure leechers at about a factor of 5-10 (ie.
if they give me 1KB/s, I will give them up to 5-10KB/s)

Normally, I'm pretty easygoing about heavy leeching off of my
colocated server.  If I allow lots of people to connect, each one
normally uploads at least 10KB/s and very shortly the download is
humming at 200-300KB/s while my upload is moving at 1MB/s or better.

Every now and then, however, I wind up in a swarm which will suck my
colocated server dry but not return anything (upload speeds of
500KB/s+ with a download of less than 10KB/s total with most of the
swarm around 70%),  When that happens, I would like to get very
aggressive and put a bandwidth cap on those who suck down more than
5KB/s and are below a factor of 10 return.

Any suggestions?  Suggestions for places to go looking in the python
code are welcome, too.

Thanks,
-a