[BitTorrent] Restrict BT to specific IP's

arnarbi arnarb at oddi.is
Mon Sep 6 12:16:57 EDT 2004

Hello there,

Up here in Iceland, one has to pay for overseas upload/download but
domestic traffic is free of charge. What I would like to do is to
patch BT so that I can only connect to specific IP address ranges and
reject incoming connections from IPs not in those ranges. In general I
would like to write a custom python routine that decides if a
connection is allowed or not.

I know python so I could probably figure this out for myself, but if
someone could kindly point me in the right direction as to where in
the code I should plug in code to validate and authorize connections
(both incoming and outgoing).

If this works well for me I'd be happy to provide a patch.

Arnar