[BitTorrent] File name encoding

Charles Chan chancharles at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 09:30:49 EDT 2004

I am running Linux and my file system uses UTF-8 encoding. However,
most of my downloads are in another encoding (Chinese, Japanese)... So
the file names created are all screwed up.

Do we have any patch to specify the encodings for both sides so that
proper transcoding can take place? If not, I am willing to help
implement that.

In the future, maybe the original encoding can be specified in the
torrent file itself.

Thanks,
Charles