[BitTorrent] Support for "announce-list"

Jesus Cea Avion jcea at argo.es
Fri Oct 8 09:10:05 EDT 2004

> > What problem do you see in my approach?.
>
> You're supposed to ignore announce if announce-list is present.
> And the announce list supports both backup trackers and load
> balancing, while you only support load balancing.

No, you swapped it. My algorithm does backup, not load balancing :-p. I
get a sort of load balancing because the list is shuffle in each client,
so everyone tries the trackers in different order, but I concede that
balancing was not the design criteria. Backup was.

If I could find a "decent" explanation of "announce-list", I could
reprogram it :).

--
Jesus Cea Avion                         _/_/      _/_/_/        _/_/_/
jcea at argo.es http://www.argo.es/~jcea/ _/_/    _/_/  _/_/    _/_/  _/_/