[BitTorrent] Replacing web content.

Brian Dessent brian at dessent.net
Thu Oct 14 20:39:53 EDT 2004

edavid3001 wrote:

> I know it is possible, but does anyone know if someone is currently
> working on a BitTorrent enabled web client?>

Unless you're talking about web pages that are hundreds of MB BitTorrent
is not for you.  It's not meant for small files and low latency.  It
works best on large files and transfers that last tens of minutes to
hours/days/weeks.  This "BitTorrent for slashdotted web pages" meme
keeps floating around but it's a terrible idea from a technical
standpoint, and is not what BT was desined to deal with.

Brian