[BitTorrent] Re: Additional Info (tech. det., + links + img. add. + synop., etc) within torrent?

meikueisanku mimteatr at 012.net.il
Fri Oct 29 05:43:46 EDT 2004

I'm no tech geek or developper however I understand, that the
possibility exists for "developpers" to insert it? It sounds
complex... and not for the average user.

I also understand, that this would imply eventual abuse issues
involved?

Correct me if I'm wrong but if we take MP3 for example, everyone,
with no speciall skills, can do insert/edit/submit/query tags
through every average player (and/or other additional specific
programs available) to get these similar details.

There's the CDDB database, in which case I understand that there
isn't still something similar concerning Movies, I guess IMDB
wouldn't do since it's not very accurate, but while I think of it,
there is some level of inaccuracy at CDDB too, the fact is that
actually anyone can submit anything.
But no one is obliged to use it, anyone can insert any text,
lyrics, cd cover images (or other), set the language, links, etc.

And comments... whatever they are, abusive or not, it's inavoidable.
That's why I said that once you upload the file, you get a preview
and correct whatever is to be corrected. Actually, it would be much
wiser,  before you upload, to get this preview at your local PC,
while creating the torrent!
Already when people upload and have a box to enter comments, they can
be abusive as well, moderation comes after it's uploaded (and not
always). So what's the difference?
The difference is to make it easier, to do it at once, in one step,
while creating the torrent.

Maybe the option would be to automatically extract ALL the
information exclusively from the movie file (and not from any place
else) while creating the torrent? In which case all the information
should be available inside the comments and extra tags to be made
available for this purpose (I'm already so unsatisfied with the so
limited options in the movie properties tab in WinXP!) but
then,wouldn't it increase the movie file and perhaps create other
problematic issues?

I hope this is not sounding too off-topic, after all the main issue
here remais how to get such extra options for torrent files :-)

Thanks,
Maurice