[BitTorrent] Questions from content distributor POV

John Reuning john at metalab.unc.edu
Thu Oct 14 12:43:25 EDT 2004

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004, Olaf van der Spek wrote:

> Why not just run a BT client on the server instead of webseeding?

Does anyone know how many torrents a single client can handle?  I'd like
this to scale up to 10's of thousands of torrents.

> What's your definition of enormous swarms?

It'd be nice to allow everyone in the world downloading a newly released
Linux distro version to be on the same swarm.  Say, 100,000+?  Not that
the clients could handle that many peers at once.

Thanks,

-jrr