[BitTorrent] BUG: Illegal operating system character in filename

xnothingxx mitch_white33 at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 2 11:24:34 EDT 2004

Appologies if this has been reported before, but I noticed a bug in
BT today.  Someone had seeded a file with a name containing a
question mark character '?'.  When BT tried to create this file, the
OS obviously wouldn't let it, and I wasn't able to download the file.

I think BT should analyze filenames before trying to create them, and
if there are invalid characters it should rename them, or prompt the
user for action.

Platform: Win XP
Version: 3.4.2