[BitTorrent] Additional Info (tech. det., + links + img. add. + synop., etc) within torrent?

meikueisanku mimteatr at 012.net.il
Thu Oct 28 11:10:47 EDT 2004

Hi,

I don't know if this is the right place to get some answer to my
question and also i wouldn't know exactly what keywords to use to
search for it in case the topic was already discussed, so please
forgive me in advance in case I'm doing anything wrong :-)

Here it goes:

I was wondering if the idea of inserting extra, additional
information within the torrent file when it's created, without
interfering with its integrity, was already exploited and is being
developped??

By additional info I mean, if we take a movie file for example: image
link (available somewhere in the web), IMDB link, technical details,
synopsis, and other text eventually copied and pasted into the
torrent creator program (I know that Maketorrent doesn't do it, and
that's why I'm actually asking for it).

If it exists, wonderful! If not, wouldn't be great to have it?

The purpose of it is clear, for example: when you upload the torrent,
instead of filling all these details at the site, it checks and
verifies it, you get a full preview before sending, eventually you
edit, adding or removing extra details and upload it!
And of course these details shouldn't interfere with the integrity of
the torrent.

I'm almost sure someone has certainly thought of it, so maybe there's
something like this in project?

Thanks!
Maurice R.